Access the full survey.
Key Metrics for Recent Technology and Life Sciences Initial Public Offerings
The year 2019 so far has proven to be strong for initial public offerings. Following a somewhat sluggish start, technology and life sciences IPOs took off in the second quarter, making for an overall strong first half that is on par with the second half of 2018.
Key H1 2019 Findings:
- In the life sciences, 34 companies completed offerings (matching the 34 in H2 2018), and the highest number once again since 37 were completed in H1 2015.
- In the tech industry, 25 offerings priced, compared to 23 in H2 2018.
- Five tech and life sciences offerings in H1 2019 had proceeds of more than $1 billion, the largest being Uber, which raised $8.1 billion.
- Slack Technologies went public through a direct listing in H1 2019, similar to that of Spotify in H1 2018.
- Pricing conditions continued to be favorable for H1 2019 offerings.
This report analyzes key aspects of initial public offerings (IPOs) for technology and life sciences companies that went public in the first half of 2019. Our IPO Survey was developed for clients, friends and others interested in considering the data surrounding recent IPO activity. Downloading the full report will provide you access to a number of tables and charts that offer a graphical view of key parameters as well as a sense of recent trends.
The IPO Survey and other great resources are available through our new Startup Resource Center. Check it out for curated articles, videos, checklists, presentations and other tools to help entrepreneurs navigate every stage of growth.