Vishal Dave focuses his practice on the general representation of startup companies from formation through exit with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. In addition to his company-side practice, Vishal also has experience representing venture capital funds and other institutional investors in their technology-related investments and acquisitions.
- Javelin Venture Partners in its investments in Thumbtack
- GitHub in its Series B Financing
- Illumio in its Series C Financing
- WhatsApp in its acquisition by Facebook
- MyFitnessPal in its acquisition by Under Armour
- Dropbox in its acquisition of Mailbox
- Facebook in its acquisitions of LiveRail and Little Eye Software
Vishal received his J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law in 2010, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Santa Clara Computer & High Technology Law Journal. In 2003, he graduated with honors, receiving a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley. Prior to joining Fenwick & West, Vishal was an associate in the Business Group at Perkins Coie LLP. Prior to starting his law career, Vishal worked as a financial analyst in the Operations Finance group at a Fortune 500 company.
Vishal is a member of the State Bar of California.