About Our Litigation Practice
Our technology-based clients — including leaders in the Internet, computer hardware and software, digital media and entertainment, semiconductor, biotechnology and medical device industries — routinely call upon us to handle their most critical disputes. To meet the needs of these clients, we invest heavily to ensure we understand the businesses and technologies behind their products, services and inventions.
- 100+ litigation attorneys, supported by dedicated, in-house teams of paralegals, staff scientists, document review specialists and IT
- National practice in state and federal venues across the U.S.
- Track record of obtaining successful outcomes on the largest and most complex "bet the company" cases as well as more typical commercial disputes
- Sophisticated in-house technical staff and software tools enable us to handle client documents and data in electronic form, to maximize the use of computerized search, storage and sorting tools, and to minimize expense
- Comprehensive understanding of our clients’ technologies and industries leads to litigation solutions that are also part of a business strategy
Litigation Management Tools
We provide clients with the tools they need to manage our efficiency and collaborate effectively, leading to client satisfaction and predictability in outside counsel expenses. These tools include:
- Secure extranet site for access to litigation materials
- Budgets and invoices
- Current docket of court deadlines
- Key case documents, including pleadings
- Team contact information
- Advanced pricing system provides highly accurate budgets as well as detailed budget tracking over the course of the matter
- Weekly project updates
- Proprietary electronic discovery systems
- Proven to reduce spending on electronic discovery, on average, by 20% over other systems currently available
- Massive document storage, sorting and search capability
- Unicode search capability for foreign-language productions
- Software tools and search capabilities that permit efficient identification and discovery of responsive material in electronic format
- IT department that routinely collaborates with client IT departments to improve communication, streamline discovery and reduce costs
Our litigation group has significant experience litigating and managing complex, multi-jurisdiction IP disputes, including managing matters in Asia and Europe. We have a strong network of international firms with whom we work. We select the best counsel in each jurisdiction, based on the specific client need. Because many of these relationships are decades old, our clients receive seamless service and billing when we collaborate with one of our foreign law firm partners.
Fenwick is also Safe Harbor compliant, committed to handling all data subject to the European Union Directive on Data Protection and/or the Federal Data Protection and Information Commission of Switzerland in accordance with the Safe Harbor Principles of the U.S. Department of Commerce.