Over the past several months, plaintiff’s lawyers have stepped up attacks on Say-on-Pay proposals and on the related executive compensation disclosures in proxy statements, as well as on company requests for equity plan stock pool increases. The number of these current lawsuits are expected to increase in the weeks ahead as companies head into the 2013 proxy season. This program will focus on understanding the relevant litigation background and the claims typically made in these suits, as well as on planning with your compensation advisors in order to minimize the risk of litigation.
- Kevin Muck, Fenwick & West LLP
- Scott Spector, Fenwick & West LLP
- Jeffrey Vetter, Fenwick & West LLP
- Mark Borges, Compensia, Inc.
- Robert Daines, Rock Center on Corporate Governance, Stanford University
- Simona Katcher, Symantec Corporation