Ryan provides strategic counsel to public and private technology and life sciences companies ranging from early startup teams to mature public companies. He also has extensive experience leading complex buy-side and sell-side mergers and acquisitions for private and public companies. Ryan’s experience also includes structuring, negotiating and executing a wide variety of complex corporate transactions including: seed and venture capital financings, debt financings, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Acucela’s initial public offering on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Amyris multiple strategic public company financings
- AnaptysBio’s initial public offering on NASDAQ
- Cascadian Therapeutics multiple strategic public company financings
- Cisco Systems’ $260M acquisition of Cliqr Technologies
- Dropbox’s acquisition of Readmill
- Facebook’s multiple strategic acquisitions
- Keynote System’s $395M acquisition by Thoma Bravo
- LearnVest’s acquisition by Northwestern Mutual
- MetricStream’s multiple equity financings
- Omada Health’s multiple equity financings
- OncoGenex Pharmaceutical’s merger with Achieve Life Sciences
- Qumulo’s multiple financings
- Relievant Medsystems equity financing
- SGN Games acquisition of TinyCo.
- Square’s acquisition of Caviar
- Vocera’s $55M acquisition of Extension Healthcare
- Wealthfront’s multiple financings
- Ustream’s acquisition by IBM
While in law school, Ryan served as a legal extern to Judge Michael Hayden of King County Superior Court and was also Notes and Comments editor for Washington Law Review.