Ethan Skerry concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic and commercial transactions and corporate counseling for technology, media and life sciences companies, as well as private equity and venture investors.
Ethan advises corporate clients at all stages of growth, from startups to mature public and private companies, in their strategic transactions and liquidity events. He also provides counseling to clients on general corporate matters and has served as outside general counsel to clients in a wide range of industries. In every engagement, Ethan strives to provide his clients with practical and efficient advice that helps them achieve their business objectives.
Ethan has been recognized by numerous publications, including Chambers USA (Mergers and Acquisitions), Super Lawyers (Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance & Compliance) and The BTI Consulting Group (Client Service All-Star). Ethan also previously served as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall University Law School, where he taught a course on corporate transactions.
Representative Technology/Media Transactions:
- Delphi in its acquisition of nuTonomy
- Gigya in its sale to SAP
- Bonobos in its sale to Wal-Mart
- The principal investor in the sale of Blue Man Group to Cirque du Soleil
- Bitly in its sale to Spectrum Equity
- Steelwedge in its sale to E2Open
- Zen Planner in its sale to Daxko
- 160/90 in its sale to Searchlight Capital
- Turtle Entertainment in its acquisitions of the on-line gaming platforms ESL and ESEA
- Accela in its acquisition of IQM2
- Funding Circle in its acquisition of Endurance Lending Networks
- Behance in its acquisition by Adobe
- Buddy Media in its $800 million acquisition by salesforce.com, and in Buddy Media’s acquisitions of Spinback and Brighter Option Ltd.
- SNL Financial in its leveraged recapitalization by New Mountain Capital
- Boomi in its sale to Dell
- Sterling Talent Solutions in connection with multiple acquisitions
Representative Life Sciences Transactions:
- Covis Pharma S.á.r.l and Covis Injectables S.á.r.l, in connection with their all-cash $1.2 billion sale of assets to Concordia Healthcare Corp.
- G&W Laboratories in its acquisition from Teva Pharmaceuticals USA of a manufacturing plant and portfolio of pharmaceutical products
- Cerberus Capital Management in connection with its $105 million control investment in PaxVax, a specialty vaccine company
- Matinas BioPharma Holdings in its merger with Aquarius Biotechnologies
- Caladrius in its acquisition of California Stem Cell
- Covis Pharma in acquisitions of pharmaceutical products from Sanofi and Bayer AG Represented Cerberus Capital Management in connection with its investment in Covis Pharma
- Princeton Pharma Holdings and its wholly owned subsidiary Aton Pharma in their $318 million sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Celldex Therapeutics in its $93.5 million acquisition of CuraGen Corporation, and in its $129 million stock-for-stock merger with Avant Immunotherapeutics
- Vital Signs in its $870 million cash merger with GE Healthcare
- LifeCell Corporation in its $1.7 billion two-step tender offer/merger with Kinetic Concepts
- GF Capital Private Equity Fund in its acquisition of the assets of Airborne Health
Representative Other Transactions:
- The Estée Lauder Companies in its $1.4 billion acquisition of Too Faced Cosmetics and its acquisitions of Le Labo and Applied Genetics Incorporated Dermatics
- Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL), in its acquisitions of CEPSA Chimie Montreal, the U.S. and Mexican polyester and PET resins business of Invista S.a.r.l., and Fibervisions Holdings from Snow Phipps Group
- Cytec Industries in the $105 million sale of its pressure-sensitive adhesives business to Henkel AG & Co. KGaA