Samuel Angus concentrates his practice on advising startup/venture-backed companies, seed, venture capital and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property licensing, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Sam represents a broad range of companies from privately held startup companies to publicly traded corporations. His practice also includes advising entrepreneurs and investors.
- Kosmix in its acquisition by Walmart
- Naxon (Wineshopper.com) in its acquisition of Wine.com
- Ingenio in its acquisition by AT&T Yellow Pages
- Junglee in its acquisition by Amazon.com for $300M
- Blue Lava Wireless in its acquisition by JAMDAT Mobile for $140M
Prior to joining Fenwick & West, Sam practiced commercial lending law at Lillick & Charles. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Sam was a founder and the Chief Executive Officer of Design Look Publications, Inc., a publisher of fine art calendars and other published gift products.
Sam sits on the advisory board of the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the University of California, Berkeley. He also frequently lectures at the Haas School of Business and the Stanford Technology Ventures Program.