Samuel Angus concentrates his practice on advising startup/venture-backed companies, seed, venture capital and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property licensing, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Sam represents a broad range of companies from privately held startup companies to publicly traded corporations. His practice also includes advising entrepreneurs and investors.
- Airbnb, incorporate company, multiple equity/debt financings (announced) totaling over $2.3 billion, multiple acquisitions
- Blue Lava Wireless (Tetris) acquisition by and license to JAMDAT Mobile
- Broadbase Software's acquisition by Kana Communications
- Cloudspace's acquisition by Informix
- Github, multiple equity financings (announced) totaling over $350 million
- Ingenio's acquisition by AT&T Yellow Pages
- In-System Design's acquisition by Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- JotSpot's acquisition by Google
- Junglee's acquisition by Amazon.com
- Kosmix's acquisition by Walmart Labs
- Marin Software, incorporated company, multiple equity/debt financing through IPO
- MuDynamics' acquisition by Spirent Communications
- Naxon Corporation's (Wineshopper.com) acquisition of Wine.com
- Next New Media's acquisition by Google
- Qik's acquisition by Skype
- Shotgun Software's acquisition by Autodesk
- Spectrum's Astro's acquisition by General Dynamics
- Upwork, multiple equity financings for oDesk (predecessor of Upwork), merger with Elance to form Upwork
- Vantra Group's acquisition by ADP
Prior to joining Fenwick & West, Sam practiced commercial lending law at Lillick & Charles. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Sam was a founder and the Chief Executive Officer of Design Look Publications, Inc., a publisher of fine art calendars and other published gift products.
Sam sits on the advisory board of the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the University of California, Berkeley. He also frequently lectures at the Haas School of Business and the Stanford Technology Ventures Program.