2020 ushered in extensive employment law developments – both pandemic-related and in many other respects – that will undoubtedly affect your personnel practices. This highly intellectual briefing provided a concise and practical summary of these legal developments and emerging trends, together with compliance recommendations, and perspective about what is on the horizon for 2021 and beyond.
Our practitioners covered several employment developments, and their impact on workplace policies and practices, including:
- A summary of the latest COVID laws and trends, including employer vaccine mandates
- AB 5 developments, Prop 22 and the ongoing challenges of 1099 contractor classification
- California family leave law expansion
- Significant DEI developments, including EEO pay data reporting, and expanded LGBT protections
- Looking ahead to the Biden Administration’s anticipated impact on labor and employment law