Known as a “primary care” advisor for intellectual property and commercial matters, Jennifer has a strong reputation for protecting clients’ legal interests while also lending practical advice to get deals done.
Jennifer is a top advisor to cutting-edge companies in the entertainment industry. She leads Fenwick’s copyright group and games industry group, and co-chairs the firm’s technology transactions group and digital media and entertainment, and consumer technologies and retail industry groups. Her practice encompasses a wide range of industries, including:
- Content (digital streaming, movies, distribution)
- eCommerce and retail
- Fashion and jewelry
- Influencers (YouTubers, etc.)
- Sharing economy (food, travel, transport)
- Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR)
Serving as a “primary care” counselor to companies, Jennifer advises clients on intellectual property, technology and media transaction strategy; copyright registration, protection and dispute resolution; and business model analysis and risk management. Jennifer is also a go-to authority for games and eSports matters.
Her robust practice includes:
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Counseling on all aspects of strategic commercial transactions
Notable representations include:
- Advising Sterling.VC in its franchise and licensing transaction with Activision Blizzard to join Blizzard’s new Call of Duty esports league
- Working collaboratively to bring the game Titan Quest to market (for which she was named in the credits)
- Representing Scopely in its acquisition of FoxNext Games from The Walt Disney Company
She is also a member of the firm’s privacy and cybersecurity practice, advising clients on concerns relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
A strong advocate for the advancement of the legal profession, Jennifer serves on Fenwick’s executive, recruiting and diversity committees.