Joseph represents technology companies in commercial transactions involving intellectual property. He has extensive experience with IP transactions, including acquisitions, mergers and secured financings in the areas of software, SaaS, mobile platform products and other information technology assets.
Joseph is a top advisor in the games and interactive entertainment industries. He regularly counsels clients on commercial transactions involving games and eSports, including mergers and acquisitions, stock purchases and complex licensing transactions, including game publishing and developer agreements.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Joseph was an associate in the IP and litigation practice groups of a leading international law firm. He also was a programmer analyst for the U.S. Air Force, receiving an Achievement Medal from NATO for the creation of software to automate flight planning operations.
- Glu Mobile in its $2.4B acquisition by Electronic Arts
- Gearbox Software in its $1.3B merger with Embracer Group AB
- Applovin in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Adjust, its acquisition of Machine Zone, and its strategic investment in Redemption Games
- Sterling.VC (now Andbox) on its franchise and licensing transactions with Activision Blizzard to join the Overwatch and Call of Duty eSports leagues
- Advised Riot and Nexon on the structuring, drafting and negotiation of complex licensing and other commercial transactions
Education & Admissions
J.D., cum laude
Fordham University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, English
Admitted to practice in California and New York