- Recipient of the 2020 Diversity Team Award from the Profiles in Diversity Journal
As Fenwick’s director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Mira works closely with firm leadership to elevate awareness of DEI issues throughout the firm, to support and improve the diversity of talent at all levels and to further the firm’s commitment to creating an inclusive workplace for all. She plays an integral role in helping align the firm's DEI goals with its overall business objectives and the strategic priorities of practices, offices and administrative teams across the firm.
Mira serves as a member of Fenwick's senior management team and acts as a senior-level resource to the DEI chairs and committee and to the members of the firm’s numerous affinity groups and employee networks. She also collaborates with the firm’s clients on events and joint initiatives in the diversity space to further enhance Fenwick’s impact within the broader community.
A former practicing attorney, Mira has more than a decade of experience designing and implementing DEI strategies and initiatives at two Am Law 50 law firms, at a top-ranked university and in a business consulting capacity.
Mira employs a pragmatic, systems-based philosophy in her work, deploying data-driven strategies to organizational change and a deep, functional knowledge of best practices. She draws from diversity practices that have been successful for businesses, organizations and government entities outside of the legal industry and key insights from various academic disciplines including psychology, sociology, management, and cultural studies.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Applied Positive Psychology: The Science of Happiness in the Corporate American Workplace — Special webinar for Stern Women in Business by Professor Mira Dewji, March 2021
- Mira Dewji: Law, Business, and Teaching — Guest on SternChats podcast discussing reflections on a multidisciplinary career journey as a practicing lawyer, diversity & inclusion consultant and professor, April 2020
- Ethical Systems — Interview with featured expert Mira Dewji, March 2018
- Adjunct Professor and DEI advisor, New York University
- Board Member, Ethical Systems, evidence-based approaches to improving corporate culture
- Selection Committee, Echoing Green Fellowship in Social Entrepreneurship
- Member, Heterodox Academy, fostering viewpoint diversity and free speech
- Collaborator, OpenMind Platform, corporate diversity training tool
“By acknowledging the value of each individual and giving them the support and tools necessary to thrive at their highest level, we are cultivating an environment that allows diversity to flourish.”
Awards & Recognitions
Education & Admissions
J.D., University of Toronto Faculty of Law
B.Sc., International Political Economy
Georgetown University Walsh School of Foreign Service