Topics covered include:
- Developments in Equal Employment Opportunity...a review of recent Supreme Court cases, and significant appellate and trial court cases and their application and implications for the employment law and human resource community, particularly the prospects for new anti-discrimination laws and enforcement actions;
- State and Local Employment Law Update...this session explores key state and local anti-discrimination laws and identifies how they differ from their federal counterparts - scope, burdens of proof, remedies, sanctions;
- Complex Wage & Hour Issues...covering recent decisions and new DOL interpretations and initiatives, the status of the 2016 changes to white collar exemptions, and much more;
- Monitoring the e-Workplace: The Use (and Misuse) of Technology & Social Media...an up-to-date analysis of key legal, IT and human resource issues relating to workers' privacy and organizations' information-security;
- Harassment & Investigations...recent judicial and EEOC developments, and coverage of the legal requirements in conducting internal investigations;
- ADA Developments in "Reasonable Accommodation"...emerging developments on practical "reasonable accommodation" issues, including training first-line supervisors, triggers to the interactive process, an analysis of EEOC's new 2016 "resource" guidance on leave issues, among many other key points; and;
- The FMLA in 2017 and Beyond...a thorough discussion of what's new from the Department of Labor and the courts regarding FMLA compliance.