Why You Should Attend
Silicon Valley remains one of the most active deal markets and the center of the venture capital industry in the world today. The broad array of fast-growing companies – from start-ups to major public companies, and the constantly evolving industry sectors – has long attracted top legal, investor and investment banking talent, and produced a wide variety of transactions ranging from seed and venture capital financings to some of the largest and most high-profile IPOs and M&A transactions in the world. We have assembled an “all star” faculty of Valley insiders to share their valuable insights into this leading market and how deals are done in the constantly changing technology world.
What You Will Learn
- The experts explore new start-up company and founders’ stock structures, and the new world of start-up financing
- Venture capital activity continues to climb and fund household name companies – learn the latest on deal trends and documentation, and hear from the experts on counseling in tough transactions
- What you need to know about crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, corporate venturing and secondary stock transactions
- Get the latest on IPOs – market practices, deal structures and dual-track processes
- Technology M&A critical issues: case law developments; stockholder activism; private equity involvement; and special venture-backed company sales considerations
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for in-house and outside attorneys who seek a practical overview of corporate finance, securities law and M&A business and legal issues with a particular focus on Silicon Valley.