In 2017, the women of Fenwick & West’s tax team were recognized as global, influential forces in tax law.
Partners Jennifer Fuller and Larissa Neumann and associates Julia Ushakova-Stein and Ora Grinberg were named among the best in their fields by their peers, clients and tax scholars alike.
“This has been an incredible year for the tax team, and I am excited to see so many of our top lawyers gaining recognition. Their efforts are absolutely core to our success,” Fenwick tax chair Adam Halpern said. “Their innovative counsel on multibillion-dollar deals and high-profile litigation wins is impressive, not to mention their excellent client service. We’re lucky to have these amazing women on our team.”
At Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards, Neumann was named the top woman lawyer for transfer pricing matters worldwide. She was also honored by Silicon Valley Business Journal on its list of Women of Influence, which honors businesswomen having a major impact. In 2017, Neumann was also included in the following:
- Three of Euromoney’s Expert Guides: World’s Leading Women Business Lawyers, World’s Leading Transfer Pricing Advisers and World’s Leading Tax Attorneys
- International Tax Review’s list of the World’s Tax Controversy Leaders
- Daily Journal’s Top 100 Women Lawyers of 2017
- The Legal 500 in both the International Tax and the Tax Contentious categories
Fuller was honored as one of the top 25 women tax lawyers in the world by Euromoney and was also shortlisted for the fourth time in the Best in Tax category at the Women in Business Law Awards. Euromoney has twice asked Fuller to write the introduction to its Women in Business Law guide. In 2017, she was included in the following:
- Two of Euromoney’s Expert Guides: World’s Leading Women Business Lawyers and World’s Leading Tax Attorneys
- International Tax Review’s lists of both the World’s Women in Tax Leaders and World’s Tax Controversy Leaders
- The Legal 500 in the Tax Contentious category
At Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards, Ushakova-Stein won the Tax Rising Star award and was also recognized alongside Grinberg among only nine Rising Stars in Euromoney’s World’s Leading Tax Attorney s. Ushakova-Stein also appears in International Tax Review’s Women in Tax Leaders guide.