Greg Roussel concentrates his practice on mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions involving technology companies. He has extensive experience with clients in the social networking, software, electronic game, and mobile application sectors. Greg also counsels companies on corporate governance matters and takeover defenses.
- Over 50 acquisitions for Facebook
- Multiple acquisitions for Dropbox, Airbnb, Workday and ServiceNow
- VeriSign's merger with Network Solutions
- Supercell’s investments from Tencent, SoftBank and GungHo
- Macromedia's merger with Adobe Systems
- The acquisitions of NaturalMotion, Newtoy, Area/Code and Astro Ape by Zynga
- ScaleIO and Data Domain’s mergers with EMC
- ByteMobile’s acquisition by Citrix Systems
- Tellme Networks's acquisition by Microsoft
- Lexar Media's merger with Micron Technology
- VeriSign's Jamba! joint venture with News Corp./Fox Entertainment Group
- VeriSign's sale of its registrar business to Pivotal Private Equity
- VeriSign's sale of its payment processing business to EBay
- The acquisitions of True[X] Media and Photobucket by Fox Interactive Media
- The acquisitions of Clicker Media and Dotspotter by CBS Interactive
- BioWare Corp.'s acquisition by VG Holdings (an Elevation Partners entity)
- Electronic Arts's acquisition of Rupture and other acquisitions and strategic investments
- Ngmoco's acquisition by DeNA
- Elevation Partners’ investment in Yelp!
- Capcom's acquisitions of Cosmic Infinity and Blue Castle Games
Greg was a lead partner in representing Supercell Oy in its majority stake acquisition by Tencent, which was honored in 2016 as one of the China Business Law Journal’s Deals of the Year. Greg led the Fenwick team in representing Facebook in two notable acquisitions: (1) the acquisition of Oculus VR, which was named the M&A Advisor’s M&A Deal of the Year in 2014, and (2) the acquisition of Instagram, which was honored in 2013 as the “Global M&A Deal of the Year” by Global M&A Network. In 2012 and 2014, Greg was named ‘Top 20 Under 40’ list by the Daily Journal for his outstanding transactional work and track record in recent years, including his role of lead counsel for Facebook. Also in 2012 and 2014, the Daily Journal recognized Greg in the list of ‘Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in California’ for his involvement in transactions that had a broad legal or industrial impact.