Greg Roussel concentrates his practice on mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions involving technology companies. He has extensive experience with clients in the social networking, software, electronic game, and mobile application sectors. Greg also counsels companies on corporate governance matters and takeover defenses.
- Over 40 acquisitions for Facebook
- Multiple acquisitions for Dropbox
- VeriSign's merger with Network Solutions
- Macromedia's merger with Adobe Systems
- ScaleIO and Data Domain’s merger with EMC
- Bytemobile’s acquisition by Citrix Systems
- TellMe Networks's acquisition by Microsoft
- Lexar Media's merger with Micron Technology
- VeriSign's Jamba! joint venture with News Corp./Fox Entertainment Group
- Ngmoco's acquisition by DeNA
- VeriSign's sale of its payment processing business to EBay
- Photobucket's acquisition by Fox Interactive Media
- BioWare Corp.'s acquisition by VG Holdings (an Elevation Partners entity)
- Supercell’s strategic investment from SoftBank and GungHo
- Elevation Partners’s investment in Yelp!
- VeriSign's sale of its registrar business to Pivotal Private Equity LLC
- The acquisitions of Newtoy, Area/Code and Astro Ape by Zynga
- The acquisitions of Clicker Media and Dotspotter by CBS Interactive
- Capcom's acquisitions of Cosmic Infinity and Blue Castle Games
- Glu Mobile's acquisition of China MIG
- Electronic Arts's acquisition of Rupture and other acquisitions and strategic investments
Greg led the Fenwick team in representing Facebook in its acquisition of Instagram, which was honored in 2013 as the “Global M&A Deal of the Year” by Global M&A Network. In 2012, Greg was named ‘Top 20 Under 40’ list by the Daily Journal for his outstanding transactional work and track record in recent years, including his role of lead counsel for Facebook. Also in 2012, the Daily Journal recognized Greg in the list of ‘Top 100 Most Influential Lawyers in California’ for his involvement in transactions that had a broad legal or industrial impact.