Hilarie leads the firm’s charitable giving, community service and pro bono programs to maximize our impact in the communities where we work and live. Benefiting from insights gained over 17 years in pro bono work, as well as her involvement with public interest and community service organizations, Hilarie aims to provide Fenwick attorneys meaningful opportunities, ensure widespread participation in the program and provide clients with the highest-quality legal services. Hilarie also works with members of the firm to identify community service and charitable giving opportunities that provide the greatest possible benefit to our broader community and the most rewarding experiences for those donating their time.
Prior to joining Fenwick, Hilarie spent many years directing the firmwide administration of pro bono programs at two top tier international law firms. Before administering pro bono programs, she practiced employment law.
- 2011 Keta Taylor Colby Award Winner, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights
- Practicing Law Institute Presenter “Handling Your First Pro Bono Case,” October 2013 and May 2014
- Co-Chair, California State Bar, California Pro Bono Coordinating Committee
- Leadership Committee, Justice and Diversity Center, San Francisco Bar Association
- Advisory Committee, Lawyers’ Campaign for Veterans, Swords to Plowshares
- Member, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
Education & Admissions
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
B.A., Mills College
Admitted to practice in California
Groups & Associations
Board Member, Association of Pro Bono Counsel
Board Member, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services