Steve advises technology and life sciences companies on a wide variety of antitrust and other regulatory issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Steve has extensive experience representing clients in M&A transactions reviewed by the Antitrust Division of the Justice Department and the Federal Trade Commission. His recent experience includes defending clients involved in proceedings initiated under Section 7 of the Clayton Act, and in conduct investigations brought under Section 5 of the FTC Act. His practice also includes counseling clients on a variety of antitrust compliance and merger enforcement issues.
Steve focuses on all aspects of Hart-Scott-Rodino Act issues, including advising on applicability of the act and assisting clients in complying with its reporting and notification requirements. Steve also represents clients involved in large M&A transactions that undergo merger review.
Additionally, Steve manages all aspects of government investigation advocacy and response processes for his clients.
Prior to law school, Steve served in the U.S. Navy in the areas of cryptologic intelligence collection and information warfare.
- Advantest Corporation in its acquisition of Essai, Inc.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its acquisitions of Grupo Modelo, Karbach Brewing, Craft Brew Alliance, and others
- Arch Chemicals in its acquisition of Advantis
- Cisco Systems in its acquisition of Acano
- Corning in its acquisition of all of 3M’s communication markets division
- Corning in its acquisition of Becton Dickinson’s discovery labware unit
- Coty in its sale of OPI
- DoorDash in its acquisition of Caviar
- Entegris in its merger with Versum
- Exelon in its merger with Constellation Energy as well as in its acquisition of Pepco
- Finmeccanica in its acquisition of DRS Technologies
- Freescale Semiconductor in its merger with NXP Semiconductor
- General Dynamics in its acquisition of Jet Aviation
- Marvell in its acquisition of Cavium
- Microsemi in its acquisition of PMC Sierra
- PayPal in its acquisition of Hyperwallet
- San Jose Water in its acquisition of Connecticut Water Service
* Includes work completed prior to joining Fenwick
Education & Admissions
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Alaska Anchorage
Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and Virginia, and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia