Vikram Iyengar focuses his practice on a broad variety of litigation matters to support clients in the high technology and life sciences industries.
Vikram’s recent matters include:
- Filed a declaratory judgment action for a large computer manufacturer, took a key role in developing claim construction positions in the pending multi-districted case that were adopted by the district court, and obtained summary judgment of non-infringement.
- Represented an automotive software startup against a large insurance company in a trademark infringement complaint against our client. Obtained dismissal of the case with prejudice, pursuant to a successful settlement.
During law school, Vikram served as Articles Editor and Lead Editor for the Stanford Technology Law Review. Prior to attending law school, he worked as a senior engineer at IBM Corporation, where he was a key technical contributor to IBM’s microelectronics business, designing circuits for supercomputers, video cameras, and internet routers. He also served on IBM's patent review board.
Vikram has served as Chair of an international IEE conference in the area of electrical engineering. He is also a recognized inventor, having been awarded twenty-three United States patents and has had his work published in numerous books, leading peer-reviewed engineering journals, and law reviews.
- The Relevance of Expert Testimony to Claims of "Deliberate Indifference" under the Eighth Amendment, 52 Crim. L. Bull. 43 (2016).
- Should Pharmaceutical Product Hopping Be Subject to Antitrust Scrutiny?, 97 J. Patent & Trademark Office Soc. 663 (2015).
- Mylan v. Warner Chilcott: A Study in Pharmaceutical Product Hopping, 19 Marq. Intell. Prop. L. Rev. 245 (2015).
- U.S. v. Jones: Inadequate to Promote Privacy for Citizens or Efficiency for Law Enforcement, 19 Tex. J. C.L. & C.R. 335 (2014).
- Maryland v. King: The Case for Uniform, Nation-Wide DNA Collection and DNA Database Laws, 23 Info. & Comm. Tech. L.J. 77 (2014).
- Searching Smartphones Incident to an Arrest, 3 Ariz. Summit L. Rev. 115 (2014).
- Physically-aware N-detect test, with Y.-T. Lin, O. Poku, R. D. Blanton, P. Nigh and P. Lloyd. IEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design, vol. 31, pp. 308-321, February 2012.
- Wafer-level defect screening for 'big-D/small-A' mixed-signal system chips, with S. Bahukudumbi, S. Ozev, and K. Chakrabarty. IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, pp. 587-592, April 2009.
- Design Verification, in the VLSI Handbook, 2nd edition, W-K. Chen (Ed.). CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL and IEEE Press, New York, NY, 2006.
- Test Resource Partitioning for System-on-a-Chip, with K. Chakrabarty and A. Chandra. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, 2002.