William Hughes focuses his practice on securities offerings, counseling public companies and securities law compliance. Bill’s experience encompasses initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings, investment grade debt offerings, convertible debt offerings and going-private transactions. Bill regularly advises companies on disclosure and reporting obligations under U.S. federal securities laws, corporate governance issues and stock exchange listing obligations. He also advises a variety of late-stage private companies.
Bill has been involved in more than 30 public offering processes, including advising:
- Underwriters led by Credit Suisse, J.P. Morgan, Citi, RBC Capital Markets and China Renaissance in the $193M initial public offering of GDS Holdings Limited
- Adesto Technologies Corporation in its $25 million initial public offering
- Underwriters led by J.P. Morgan, BofA Merrill Lynch, and Citigroup in the $83 million follow-on public offering of TubeMogul, Inc.
- Underwriters led by BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup and RBC Capital Markets in the $50 million initial public offering TubeMogul, Inc.
- Underwriters led by Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in the $100 million initial public offering of MobileIron, Inc.
- Acucela Inc. in its $162 million initial public offering
- Underwriters led by Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan and BofA Merrill Lynch in the $86 million initial public offering of Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- Infoblox Inc. in its $120 million initial public offering and $115 million follow-on offering
- Green Dot Corporation in its $189 million initial public offering and $286 million follow-on offering
- ShoreTel, Inc. in its $86 million initial public offering
- Cepheid in its $99 million follow-on offering
- Diamond Foods, Inc. in its $117 million initial public offering and related co-op conversion
He has also advised Cisco Systems, Intuit and Symantec on numerous public offerings of debt securities.