Idan Netser focuses his practice on international corporate and partnership taxation issues, including cross border international investments, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, Subpart F, foreign tax credits, tax planning and restructurings, international IP planning and exploitation and tax controversy.
Idan was named to Daily Journal’s 2017 Top 40 Under 40 list, where he was honored for his ability to lead international tax and large-scale matters, while contributing to civic and pro bono matters. He is also recognized as a “Rising Star” by Northern California Super Lawyers (2014-2017).
While studying at Tel-Aviv University, Idan was a member of the editorial board for the Tel-Aviv University Law Review (2005). He graduated with distinction from the Naval Academy in 1998, and in 2001 from the Naval Advanced Command course, also with distinction. Idan served as the Commander of the Identification, Navigation and Communication squadron as well as in different naval command positions on board a missile frigate, and led international naval operations in collaboration with NATO.
- “A trend worth watching: A new wave of startup M&A,” VC Journal, The PE Hub Network, September 21, 2017.
- “Strategic IP and Tax Planning Issues in M&As,” 3rd Annual Tax and Transfer Pricing Seminar, Tel Aviv, April 2017.
- “New Proposed Section 385 Regulations,” TEI Regions IX & X Annual Conference, Portland, May 2016.
- "Cross-Border Tax Issues for In-House Counsel," The University of Texas School of Law and The Corporate Counsel Insistute, Houston, April 2016.
- “A Closer Look, Taxation of Foreign Fund Lending Activities In the US,” Wolters Kluwer (CCH) – Global Tax Weekly, March 31, 2016.
- “Foreign Tax Credits,” Bloomberg-BNA, San Diego, March 2016.
- “Same Stock Different Price: Side Payments To Minority Shareholders,” Wolters Kluwer (CCH) – Global Tax Weekly, Issue 162, December 17, 2015.
- “Foreign Tax Credits,” Bloomberg-BNA, Boston, San Diego, March 2015.
- “The US Source Rules,” Bloomberg-BNA, Boston, November 2014.
- “US Tax Developments,” Euromoney, October 2014.
- “US Federal Income Tax Treatment of Contingent Earnout Payments,” Wolters Kluwer (CCH) – Global Tax Weekly, July 2014.
- “Investment in US Property – Section 956,” Bloomberg-BNA, NYC, May 2014.
- “Section 83(b) Election – Better Safe than Sorry,” Wolters Kluwer (CCH) – Global Tax Weekly, May 22, 2014.
- “US Int’l Tax Considerations in IP Related Transactions,” LES Webinar, April 2014.
- “Transfer Pricing (§482),” University of Florida Law School, November 2013.
- “The Subpart F Rules,” Council for International Tax Education (CITE), San Francisco, September 2013.
- “Foreign Tax Credits,” Council for International Tax Education (CITE) Boston, June 2013.
- Co-author “Tax on Corporate Transactions in the United States,” Volume I, PLC Tax Multi-Jurisdictional Guide, February 2013.