Jim has more than 15 years of experience advising financial, technology, retail, healthcare and transportation organizations on strategy, risk management and compliance matters, especially those related to data privacy and security. Jim’s recent engagements include:
- Serving as independent assessor for an electronics company subject to a Federal Trade Commission privacy consent order
- Advising three global technology companies on privacy control development and enhancement to comply with FTC privacy consent order requirements
- Conducting assessments and implementing controls to help companies comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
- Evaluating privacy programs against industry frameworks such as the AICPA’s Generally Accepted Privacy Principles
- Leading due diligence on the information security program of a target investment for a private equity firm
Prior to joining Fenwick, Jim was a senior principal at Promontory Financial Group, a global consulting firm, where he helped clients to develop and strengthen their privacy and information security programs. While at Promontory, he led the development of an innovative, game-based compliance training platform.
Previously, Jim co-founded an infrastructure advisory firm focused on transportation finance for public and private sector clients. His experience included development of innovative financial plans and evaluation of public-private partnerships for roadways, multi-modal transportation centers, parking garages, railways and airports.
Education & Admissions
M.B.A., Wharton School of Business
University of Pennsylvania
B.S.B.A, Finance and International Business
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)