Mountain View, CA (June 22, 2017)– Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that the firm has again received top nationwide recognition in Chambers USA, a respected legal guide known for its primary research. This year’s guide singles out 25 Fenwick lawyers and 12 of the firm's practice areas as among the best.
Fenwick again received the highest possible recognition from Chambers for its work with startups and emerging companies—ranking Band One nationwide, and was also ranked in the top tier for its venture capital practice in California.
Chambers describes Fenwick as a firm that “operates at the forefront of cutting-edge technology markets, including fintech, virtual reality and the sharing economy” and notes that the group “demonstrates the sought-after ability to counsel startup business, particularly in the tech sector, on the full extent of company growth processes.”
Clients and peers provided Chambers with much positive feedback about the firm, highlighting Fenwick’s practices including corporate, intellectual property, litigation and tax:
- "They are first-rate. They understand technology and technology companies, and the types of transactions that happen in Silicon Valley."
- “The firm is very, very strong in Silicon Valley with all of the right relationships and all of the necessary knowledge and experience base for exemplary representation of tech firms from startups to mature organizations."
- "The team works in a cohesive and collaborative way," and "provides hands-on experience and knowledge.”
- “They are experienced with venture-backed companies" and "manage issues from a position of strength."
- The team is highly praised for its “technical expertise, detailed analysis of the issue and professional handling of matters.”
- “Highly experienced, very, very commercial and always coming up with solutions.”
- "They've always been exceptional and they stood by the company through very difficult times. It felt like we had a partner who had our back."
- Clients noted that Fenwick’s patent prosecution lawyers are “very solution-oriented,” “look at the whole picture,” and have the “ability to handle projects efficiently and in a very short period of time.”
- "A solid life sciences practice and a strong presence in the life sciences legal community."
- “They are exceptional. It's an intellectually rigorous team, with a deep distribution of talent,” peers said of Fenwick’s securities litigation group.
- Sources also describe Fenwick as “a very good firm with very smart people who will fight tooth and nail for their client.”
- "They are very helpful. They know there's a pristine tax way and a business way, and they're good at bridging those,” said clients speaking of Fenwick’s tax practice, with sources also noting that the firm has a “phenomenal international practice.”
Chambers USA's annual selection process is based on interviews with in-house legal departments and with industry leaders around the world. The rankings are based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and other qualities valued by clients.
The full list of Fenwick practices and lawyers recognized in the 2017 Chambers USA guide is below:
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- IT & Outsourcing
- Life Sciences
- Patent Prosecution
- Securities Litigation
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital
- Sally Abel– Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets
- Andrew Bridges– Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets
- Douglas Cogen– Corporate/M&A
- Gordon Davidson– Capital Markets; Corporate/M&A; Startups & Emerging Companies; Venture Capital
- David Forst– Tax
- James Fuller– Tax
- Stephen Graham– Corporate/Commercial
- Adam Halpern– Tax
- David Hayes– Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets; IT & Outsourcing: Transactions
- Cynthia Clarfield Hess– Startups & Emerging Companies
- Andrew Kim– Tax
- Shawn Lampron– Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Stuart Meyer– Intellectual Property
- Mark Ostrau– Antitrust
- Rajiv Patel– Patent Prosecution
- Ronald Schrotenboer– Tax
- Michael Shuster– Life Sciences: IP/Patent Litigation
- Alan Smith– Corporate/Commercial
- Scott Spector– Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Mark Stevens– Startups & Emerging Companies; Venture Capital
- David Tellekson– Intellectual Property
- Ted Wang– Corporate/M&A; Startups & Emerging Companies
Additional information is available through the Chambers USA website.
About Fenwick & West
Fenwick & West LLP provides comprehensive legal services to ground-breaking technology and life sciences companies—at every stage of their lifecycle—and the investors that partner with them. We craft innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions on issues ranging from venture capital, public offerings, joint ventures, M&A and strategic relationships, to intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, taxation, antitrust, and employment and labor law. For more than four decades, Fenwick has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. For more information, please visit fenwick.com.