Mountain View, CA (May 26, 2015)– Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that the firm has again received nationwide recognition fromChambers USA, a respected legal directory known for its primary research. The guide singles out 20 Fenwick attorneys and 11 of the firm's practice areas as among the best.
Here is some of what our clients and peers told Chambers about Fenwick this year:
- "They can analyze complex issues to a degree that most other firms are not able to and construct creative ways of looking at issues and arguments around them."
- "They are among the best in practicality and substantive expertise for technology companies."
- "We get clear answers … [t]hey provide business-minded advice."
- "In complicated litigation you want lawyers who will devote their time to understand the business issues behind legal issues. That is where they excel and take time to listen. It is the most important skill a lawyer can bring to the table."
- "[Fenwick is] an outstanding firm with tremendous range. They scale very, very well across deal sizes and types and are just as good on a middle-market deal as a large strategic one."
- “The [IP] team that I've been working with has both the technical expertise and the access to talent breadth, which is crucial as we expand our business in broader technical areas."
- "For international tax, they are a world-class leader."
Chambers USA is a respected legal directory known for its primary research. The publication's selection process is based on interviews with in-house law departments and with industry leaders around the world. The rankings are based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and other qualities valued by clients.
This is the full list of Fenwick's practices and attorneys recognized in the Chambers USA guide for 2015:
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- IT & Outsourcing
- Life Sciences
- Litigation: Securities
- Sally Abel – Intellectual Property
- Andrew Bridges – Intellectual Property
- Doug Cogen –M&A
- Gordon Davidson – Capital Markets, M&A, Venture Capital
- David Forst – Tax
- Jim Fuller – Tax
- Stephen Graham – Corporate/Commercial
- David Hayes – Intellectual Property, IT & Outsourcing
- Andrew Kim – Tax
- Shawn Lampron – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Stuart Meyer – Intellectual Property
- Susan Muck – Securities Litigation
- Mark Ostrau – Antitrust
- Ron Schrotenboer – Tax
- Alan Smith – Corporate/Commercial
- Scott Spector – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Mark Stevens – Corporate/M&A
- David Tellekson – Intellectual Property
- Jeff Vetter – Capital Markets
- Ted Wang – Venture Capital
Additional information is available through the Chambers USA website.
About Fenwick & West
Fenwick & West provides comprehensive legal services to ground-breaking technology and life sciences companies at every stage of their lifecycle. We craft innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions for established and emerging companies on issues ranging from venture capital, public offerings, M&A and strategic relationships, to intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, taxation, antitrust, and employment and labor law. For more than four decades, Fenwick has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. For information about a career at Fenwick visit us at fenwick.com/careers.