Mountain View, CA (May 27, 2014)– Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that the firm has once again received nationwide recognition by Chambers USA, with 20 attorneys recognized individually as leaders in their respective fields and 11 of the firm's practice groups recognized as among the very best. Fenwick’s venture capital practice has yet again earned band-one status nationally.
Here are some highlights of what our clients told Chambers this year:
"Fenwick has a strong client service ethic that starts with gaining a deep understanding of our business. What sets them apart is their creativity. They look at issues and opportunities from a client’s perspective and craft approaches that offer us high-value solutions."
"They are relaxed, humorous, balanced and practical. At the same time, they are experts in their areas of law and excellent practitioners."
"They are capable of seeing issues that are critical to us before they come to a head; they can see around the bend. A great client service provider. They are fantastic - they have a tremendous institutional knowledge of our company."
"They have a really top-notch M&A practice in Silicon Valley. Great responsiveness, extremely knowledgeable and a very efficient team."
"As a[n intellectual property] team, they are very good at aligning with a company's business objectives, and solving business problems through litigation."
"True stars in the international tax field."
Chambers USA is a respected legal directory known for its primary research. The publication's selection process is based on interviews with in-house law departments and with industry leaders around the world. The rankings are based on qualities such as technical legal ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and other qualities valued by clients.
The complete list of Fenwick's practices and attorneys recognized in the Chambers USA guide for 2014 include:
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
- Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds: Venture Capital
- IT & Outsourcing
- Tax: Corporate & Finance
- Sally Abel – Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets
- Tyler Baker – Antitrust
- Andrew Bridges – Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets
- Bill Bromfield – Corporate/Commercial
- Doug Cogen – Corporate/M&A
- Gordon Davidson – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Corporate/M&A, Investment Funds: Venture Capital, and Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital
- David Forst – Tax
- James Fuller – Tax, Tax: Corporate, and Tax: International Tax
- Stephen Graham – Corporate/Commercial
- David Hayes – Intellectual Property: Patent, Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets, and IT & Outsourcing
- Barry Kramer – Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital
- Stuart Meyer – Intellectual Property
- Mark Ostrau – Antitrust
- Ron Schrotenboer – Tax
- Alan Smith – Corporate/Commercial
- Scott Spector – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Mark Stevens – Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital, Investment Funds: Venture Capital
- David Tellekson – Intellectual Property
- Jeffrey Vetter – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity; Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital
- Ted Wang – Corporate/ M&A: Venture Capital