Managing Intellectual Property (Managing IP) has recognized Fenwick in its 2022 IP Stars guide as one of the leading IP practices in the United States, with top rankings nationally, as well as in California, New York and Washington.
Fenwick was ranked by IP Stars in the top tiers nationally for copyright, patent prosecution, trademark contentious, trademark prosecution, IP transactions and IP-related life sciences work. The firm also received recognition for copyright, patent prosecution, patent contentious, trademark prosecution and trademark contentious work in California; for patent contentious work in New York; and for intellectual property in Washington.
The guide recognized 21 individual Fenwick lawyers across the National, California, New York and Washington jurisdictions for their work in copyright, patent, trademark and transactions.
- Copyright Stars: Andrew Bridges, David Hayes and Jedediah Wakefield
- Patent Stars: Daniel Becker, David Hadden, Robert Hulse, Melanie Mayer, Jeffrey Oelke, Rajiv Patel, David Tellekson and James Trainor
- Trademark Stars: Sally Abel, Andrew Bridges, David Hayes, Jedediah Wakefield and Karen Webb
- Transactions Stars: Jake Handy, David Hayes and Rufus Pichler
- Notable Practitioners: Stephen Gillespie, Mark Jansen and Jonathan Millard
- Rising Stars: Jennifer Bush, Armen Nercessian, and Shannon Turner
Earlier this year, litigation partner Melanie L. Mayer, Ph.D. was named to Managing IP’s 2022 Top 250 Women in IP. The list recognizes senior female IP practitioners in private practice around the world who have performed exceptionally for their clients and firms.
Fenwick was among the most nominated firms at the Managing IP 2022 Americas Awards in the North America category and was selected as the U.S. Patent Prosecution Firm of the Year. The firm’s 2022 rankings are available on IP Stars.