Kevin advises on a broad variety of regulatory and corporate matters to support leading innovators in financial technology, with an emphasis on blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Kevin is well-versed on a wide array of legal and policy issues at the intersection of financial services and technology, including banking, money transmission, and securities laws. He has helped clients in matters relating to:
- Blockchain protocol development, including decentralized cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens, decentralized smart contract-driven applications, and zero-knowledge protocols
- DAO setup
- Licensure for money transmission or cryptocurrency custody activities
- Banking, BSA/AML, and SEC regulatory advice, including exempt securities offerings and exempt fund matters
- Web 3.0 gaming, including the adoption of NFTs
- Mergers and acquisitions involving fintech companies and cryptocurrency
Prior to joining Fenwick, he worked as an attorney for the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the primary federal regulator of national banks, and as counsel to the U.S. House Financial Services Committee.