Mountain View, CA (June 9, 2016) – Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that the firm has again received nationwide recognition from Chambers USA, a respected legal directory known for its primary research. This year’s guide singles out 25 Fenwick lawyers and 13 of the firm's practice areas as among the best.
The firm again received especially high recognition for its work with startups and emerging companies, ranking Band One nationwide. Chambers describes Fenwick as a “leading group that possesses expertise in advising companies throughout all stages of growth” and notes that the firm is “sought after by startups in the technology industry for its full-service offering.” In California, the firm also ranked in the top tier for its venture capital practice.
Clients and peers provided Chambers with much positive feedback about the firm, highlighting Fenwick’s practices including venture capital, intellectual property, litigation and tax:
- "The best firm acting for startups in Silicon Valley."
- "A very high-quality intellectual property offering that blends technical and legal skills with market awareness."
- "A fabulous international tax practice."
- "They are remarkably responsive and incredibly efficient. They are go-to advisers."
- "They're very efficient, they're nimble, they take our business objectives into consideration and they have a lot of market data about what other companies in our phase are doing."
- "We are very pleased with their combination of insightful advice, great customer service, prompt turnaround and broad-based experience in the space."
- "Extremely competent, knowledgeable and client service-oriented."
- "The firm has made a culture that is unique, and that is the reason they're successful."
- "It is the depth of the team that allows for quality service in the various areas my firm needs coverage, as our products and services require broad expertise."
Chambers USA's annual selection process is based on interviews with in-house legal departments and with industry leaders around the world. The rankings are based on technical legal ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and other qualities valued by clients.
The full list of Fenwick practices and lawyers recognized in the 2016 Chambers USA guide is below:
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- IT & Outsourcing
- Life Sciences
- Patent Prosecution
- Securities Litigation
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Tax: Corporate & Finance
- Venture Capital
- Sally Abel– Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets
- Daniel Becker– Life Sciences: IP/Patent Litigation
- Andrew Bridges – Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets
- Doug Cogen– Corporate/M&A
- Gordon Davidson– Capital Markets; Corporate/M&A; Startups & Emerging Companies; Venture Capital
- David Forst– Tax
- James Fuller– Tax
- Stephen Graham– Corporate/Commercial
- Adam Halpern – Tax
- David Hayes – Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets; IT & Outsourcing: Transactions
- Cindy Hess – Startups & Emerging Companies
- Andrew Kim– Tax
- Shawn Lampron– Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Stuart Meyer– Intellectual Property
- Mark Ostrau– Antitrust
- Rajiv Patel– Patent Prosecution
- Ronald Schrotenboer– Tax
- Alan Smith– Corporate/Commercial
- Scott Spector– Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Mark Stevens– Startups & Emerging Companies; Venture Capital
- David Tellekson– Intellectual Property
- Ted Wang– Corporate/M&A; Startups & Emerging Companies
Additional information is available through the Chambers USA website.
About Fenwick & West
Fenwick & West LLP provides comprehensive legal services to ground-breaking technology and life sciences companies – at every stage of their lifecycle – and the investors that partner with them. We craft innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions on issues ranging from venture capital, public offerings, joint ventures, M&A and strategic relationships, to intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, taxation, antitrust, and employment and labor law. For more than four decades, Fenwick has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. For more information, please visit fenwick.com.