Mountain View, CA (August 5, 2015) – Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick ranked first among law firms globally for volume of technology, media and telecommunications mergers and acquisitions completed during the first half of 2015, according to data compiled by Mergermarket. The firm also ranked first for tech M&A through the third quarter of last year and in the first quarter of this year.
Mergermarket also ranked the firm first for volume of deals in the Western region of the United States, including Silicon Valley, and FactSet and Bloomberg analysis found that the firm ranked among the top five law firms nationally for volume of deals across all industries.
Below is an overview of the firm’s M&A rankings for the first half of 2015, according to leading deal intelligence publications.
- #1 for volume of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) transactions (Mergermarket)
- #12 for volume of M&A deals (FactSet)
- #3 for volume of mid-market M&A deals (FactSet)
- #4 for volume of M&A deals (FactSet)
- #5 for volume of M&A deals (Bloomberg)
- #1 for volume of deals in the Western region of the U.S. (Mergermarket)
Fenwick’s H1 2015 transactions include representing:
- Facebook in its acquisitions of Wit.ai, QuickFire Networks and TheFind
- Cisco Systems in its acquisitions of Embrane, Piston Cloud Computing and Tropos Networks
- Dropbox in its acquisition of CloudOn
- Hewlett-Packard Company in its acquisition of ConteXtream
- King in its acquisition of Z2Live
- Cloudera in its acquisition of xplain.io
- Zuora in its acquisition of Frontleaf
- Square in its acquisition of FastBite
- Silicon Image in its $600 million acquisition by Lattice Semiconductor
- MyFitnessPal in its acquisition by Under Armour
- Wunderlist in its acquisition by Microsoft
- Re/code in its acquisition by Vox Media
- LearnVest in its acquisition by Northwestern Mutual
- True(x) Media in its acquisition by 21st Century Fox
- Trialpay in its acquisition by Visa
- 2lemetry in its acquisition by Amazon.com
In June, clients called Fenwick “an outstanding firm with tremendous range” in Chambers USA. They added that Fenwick M&A attorneys “scale very, very well across deal sizes and types and are just as good on a middle-market deal as a large strategic one.” The guide noted that Fenwick “is a regular choice on top deals.”
Fenwick was also recognized by The Legal 500 as having the best mid-market M&A and buyouts team in the U.S.
About Fenwick & West
Fenwick & West provides comprehensive legal services to ground-breaking technology and life sciences companies at every stage of their lifecycle. We craft innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions for established and emerging companies on issues ranging from venture capital, public offerings, M&A and strategic relationships, to intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution, taxation, antitrust, and employment and labor law. For more than four decades, Fenwick has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. For information about a career at Fenwick visit us at fenwick.com/careers.